Thursday, December 6

me at work

Work is something I've been doing quite a lot of lately...one more week until Christmas break for the schools though...so I'm looking forward to a little slower pace then! I finally got a picture of me presenting - although it didn't turn out too well.
I have taken to just doing things that I want when I'm not working though.
  • Friday evening I spent alone and happy - eating some sushi and practicing my pinstripping. Here's the design I ended up with on a window panel. I thought I did a pretty good job. My stripes need lots of practice to become uniform in width - but the design is pretty nice, the first half was copied, and the second half was my own doing.
  • Last Saturday I ditched working on my car upholstery for a late breakfast and afternoon bike ride with my friend James. Neither of us had spent a "day doing nothing" for quite some time and it was very nice. Although it wasn't truly a "day" for me...I did work 8 hours at a serving event - but it was fun, a Christmas pajama party at a very decadent LA suburb house.
  • This week I finally got out for the monthly "barn dance" - which was very interesting and fun. For all the rockabilly people that there are in LA - I sure don't know where they all go. No rockabilly people to speak of were at this event (although there was a great rockabilly band - the Hot Rod Trio.) Rather, it was an enmeshing of old and young, hipsters and uncool...which was neat. It sure was good to hear some live music!
Car update: The new motor is getting ready to put in. We're gonna paint it hot pink! They guys at the shop weren't too sure about this - but have agreed to follow what a girl wants to do :) AND - the best thing, is it's a 383...which I think is gonna be a motor that I'll love (and will be able to leave all the boys in the dust with!)

No comments:

Post a Comment