Saturday, January 19

human trafficking

I forgot to add...last Friday was the first national Anti-Trafficking Awareness Day. The organization that I work with, NightLight, and 2 others (Polaris Project and Oasis) got together to do a joint outreach in a busy, popular area of Pasadena. Our goal: educate the public on human trafficking around the world and in LA.

I was completely surprised that over 3/4 of the people I talked to had never heard of human trafficking or had heard of it only very vaguely! Some were really interested and others looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. I thought I'd post this flyer I made for distribution. And a great simple thing ya'll could do is to sign a global petition at the website stopthetraffik.org

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and love it. Will be back.

    ReplyDelete