Thursday, May 29

shiny things

This past weekend I finally had the chance to give my Stude a nice cleaning. Other then a quick wash when I was in Vegas, I hadn't done any clean-up jobs to the outside since I got her! It took hours...but when washing, waxing, and polishing were all finished - she looks much brighter in color then before and the 53 year old paint job still has a little bit of shine left in her after all! This Friday I'll be cruising on over to a hot-rod meet-up they have every Friday at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank...surely I'll meet some fun people and am hoping to run into the girls car club I'd like to be a part of!

And....speaking of cars...as much as I have been evading any gas prices over $4/gallon...no longer...I paid a whopping $4.09 - and now it seems that $3.99 is nary in sight :( Time to re-juggle the budget again!


Since this post is on "shiny things" I must include the shiny-ness of last night. A friend and I walked over to The Grove to catch a movie. For those of you who aren't LA-ians...The Grove is this large outdoor mall-ish sort of thing. The first time I stepped inside of it, I thought I was in Disneyland. Sitting outside waiting for the movie to start - drinking a coffee, watching the dancing fountains, and all the people - I was both utterly enjoying myself as well as disgusted at being won over by such a formulated "small-town in a box" mass marketing, consumerism driven destination. But it's so stinkin' shiny and appealing! Ugh - I'm doomed.

I've also been adoring this fabulously "shiny"installation each time I drive by the newly finished segment of the LA Museam of Art. Since we walked by last night I got to investigate up close! Isn't it purdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment