Monday, September 15

things i like...

  • Celebrating my best friend's 30th birthday (mine is coming up soon) and looking forward to this new decade in life
  • Getting my iTunes to run off a new external hard drive. And surpisingly simple to do at that, thanks to help from this ilounge article. I now have 16.2 GB free on my whooping 27.9 GB laptop hard drive...a huge increase from the mere MB's available to me just a few days ago (although the purchase of this external hard drive had to take precedence over the purchase of a wetsuit...which I'll be needing to surf with quite soon)...which leads me to...
  • A welcoming hint of fall in the air - I think September thru December could be labeled as my favorite string of months.
  • Living in intentional community, there's nothing quite like it. (I promise we're not as stoic as we were trying to look in this picture!)
  • Car alarms set off by my Studebaker driving by! Heehee...it just makes me a little proud.
  • Coffee in the morning, especially when its the weekend and my Financial Times has been delivered. (Yes, I read the FT (only the weekend edition) - a fantastic paper if you haven't read it before - and based out of London, so unfortunately I trust it more. I read it not because I care greatly about finances...but rather, it provides a good overview of world news, great editorial pieces, and always an interesting story on art/culture/politics/etc.) In fact...look for a soon-to-be new sidebar with vocabulary words I like - most usually found while reading FT. By the way, did you see the new recipe section on sidebar to your right? I've been enjoying some cooking as of late - really all sorts of domestic things. I've been on a gluten-free diet for the past month. I'm feeling much better than I was, and it surprisingly isn't that hard to follow...especially with brown rice bread and the delicous non-wheat cupcakes I made on saturday!
  • Liking my job again. Sex education...some body's gotta do it - and I feel privileged to at the moment.
  • Going out for special girl time with Shirley and Adia to see Sleeping Beauty play at El Capitan theater. Way to make a movie into an event!

No comments:

Post a Comment