Tuesday, March 17

enJOYment

It ended up being quite a lovely weekend. Despite the fact that I couldn't muster up the needed energy to dive into one of the various projects I would have liked to. Once I succumbed to the fact that I needed rest...it was quite nice. So on Saturday after a CPR class, a much-needed bi-car washing, and a failed attempt at pinstripping - I retreated with a favorite author to one of my favorite little restaurants. Philip Marlowe at Masa Cafe on Sunset...great noir-ish detective story, leek soup, and a drop in by my friend Ann, what more could a girl ask for on a Saturday evening!?



Sunday was quite equally great. An easy morning followed by a trip out to the Hollywood Farmers Market. Produce buying and people watching there is fantastic - but I was really going for the Petrovijic Blasting Company in the good company of my friend Emil. I first saw the Petrovijic Blasting Company play on my birthday, and it was delightful to enjoy their unique blend of parisian jazz/circus/i don't know what else music once again! I headed home from that for "house church". Which is something my housemates and I hold once a month - people come over and we worship some and talk about something. This was our third "church" and we talked about what the Bible says about the environment...it was great! Thank God for his creation...even though we do have to care for it...even when the "it" might be our tired bodies - Thank God that joy can come through the caring-for too!

No comments:

Post a Comment