Thursday, February 2

commonalities

Today I spent another day at NightLight. I think I liked it because I wasn't 'doing' anything and I just got to chill and interact. We had street 'outreach' tonight, so we walked around the district and saw who we bumped into. We went to Nana Square to this one bar where I'd been before a couple of times. The women who works the cash register is the one I talked to the other day when she was doing her English lesson. Tonight she recognized me as soon as we walked in, which was cool, and we talked as much as we could and just sat there. I don't know her and she doesn't know me, but we were happy to be there together.

I noticed a tattoo on the shoulder of the girl who was out front waving people in. It looked like a bird, but I couldn't tell for sure (I wasn't wearing glasses.) On our way out I tapped her on the shoulder and pointed at her tattoo. It was of an eagle. Then I showed her mine. It was so cool to see the spark and feel a connection with someone else who has such a different life then me - but a small bit of body art in common. She was really excited and so was I.

Tonight was also cool because I felt more comfortable and more me. So that meant I smiled at alot more people. If I could catch a girls eye, then I would smile to her. And sometimes when they would smile back I would get to see the real girl, without the mask. It was good.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm off to the beach...yay!! I'm very excited for sand, clear waters, and some relaxation. I'll be sure and take pictures and return in a few days! So waa dee ka.

No comments:

Post a Comment