Tuesday, February 7

mmmm....

This past weekend I had a lovely little holiday at Samet Island, which is southeast of Bangkok. It took about 3 hours by a slooow bus and then a little jump on the ferry boat and we were there. Beng accompanied me…she is one of the Thai staff at NightLight. And she speaks perfect English, so that’s very handy. I enjoyed her company and getting to know her a bit better. We left from NightLight around 2:30 Friday afternoon and got to the island after dark. Then the rest of the time was filled with beach and eating mostly. Not too much exciting to talk about.
Read some. Wrote some. Thought about what’s next. Got a little sunburned. Came extremely close to getting a new tattoo (so inexpensive!) Finally fit that massage in (again, so inexpensive…one hour for about $5.) One of my favorite activities was utilizing the swing in front of our room. Whoever thought of that was a genius. I definitely decided that having a swing in my backyard at home was a brilliant idea! There was also a cool fire show on the beach each night...Beng particularly loved it! It mostly excited me when they played this great cover of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire by a punk band :)
And now I’m back in Bangkok. I have exciting plans tonight…I’ll fill you in more later, perhaps. And then just a few more days until disembarking. On my way from the island to Bangkok, I finally felt ready to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment