Monday, September 24

i missed it!

I've been waiting and waiting my last few posts, because I knew that I was approaching my 100th post...and I just realized that I've missed commemorating it because it was my previous post! OH WELL....
HAPPY 101TH POST!!!!

hehe

I was just checking email and there was a kid's book recommendations from Amazon...and the top picture was of one of my favorite all time children's books...Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. I loved this book when I was younger. One of those ones that I can remember just sitting there and looking at the pages forever and reading it over and over again. Happy times.
Another favorite is this little golden book I had, The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes. It was written in 1939 and had those old skool illustrations. I recently found some remakes and bought them for my nieces.

Hmm...lets see, what else was my favorite....I loved the Amelia Bedelia series, and Arthur, and Clifford. Charlotte's Web was my first "no picture" book and I read it in 1st grade. I recently watched the movie they made of it and cried my eyes out (an advantage of watching a movie all alone...you can do this and you don't feel silly...but I did feel a little silly since it was Charlotte's Web - I couldn't help it, it was so beautiful!)

Currently the world is peaceful, because I'm thinking of fond old books and listening to "Christmas is Coming" from A Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack :) (it's not really Christmas music per se)

Go enjoy your bit of peace ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment