Wednesday, February 20

no moon in the sky

I didn't know it until just before it happened, but there was a lunar eclipse tonight. Funny thing is...I wouldn't have known it if I hadn't been sitting in a cafe' where people started talking about it and the place emptied, as we all filed out to the sidewalk and began staring at the sky. Traffic continued to rush right by us. People walked past giving us slightly odd looks. And the world just continued as normal.

It seems like quite an important universal event for some reason. The moon, which is part of our everyday normal world, just disappeared out of the sky completely! They say this only completely happens every 60 years...that means next time I'll be 99 years old or dead. A once in a lifetime sight and I almost just stayed inside grinding away on my work.

"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be too cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down." -Annie Dillard

3 comments:

  1. Hello Miss,

    They said on the news yesterday that there will be another eclipse of the moon in 2010, so you will get to see it again, weather permitting.

    Love you,
    ant pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouu good Dillard quote! I like it for a lot of reasons, and I can see why you like it too! My dear friend Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh hem, I need a blog update deary. how else am I supposed to know what is going on in your head? :)

    ReplyDelete