Friday, April 4

san francisco

I got the chance to spend most of the week in San Francisco, as I had a conference to go to up there for work. This was my first official "work trip" and I felt very official. (Note to self: find a job where you get paid to travel somewhat regularly!)

The city was lovely as always. With my blond streak in my hair, I felt very So-Cal though. One homeless man even yelled out "hey California sunshine" as I walked by! Ahhh...ya gotta love the comments (I also got called "big haired woman" that day, or was it "big headed woman").

I got to catch up with very dear friends and hear lots about adolescent reproductive health. One frustrating thing during the conference was a really smart doctor talking about media awareness and the way sex in the media affects our youths choices...well, 1.) he didn't really know much more then me on the subject it seemed and 2.) he didn't particularly suggest any hopeful remedies. It seems to me that something needs to put more pressure on Hollywood. Hmm...where do I live again?

Tomorrow evening is an LA Street Productions art opening at Tribal cafe. I'll have 1 peice showing that I've been working on (and just finished tonight!)

I'm still waiting to hear if I'll be able to drive my little Stude home on Saturday!!! Keep crossing your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment