Sunday, October 26

thirty years old!

I'm just finishing the celebration of my birthday weekend- the big 3-0! I've been nothing but excited to turn 30, and was a little put off by the Maitre'D commenting on how now I'll have to lie that I'm 29...as if that's where a woman would want to stay - hah! As fabulous as the 20s were, I am looking forward to my 30s. Whatever is in store for the next 10 years!?!

The first half of Saturday I spent doing things I like to do around the house (reading the FT, lollygagging, crafting) and then I went up to the Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park. This had been closed down for 4 years undergoing renovation, but has been re-opened for nearly 2 and I hadn't make a trip up there yet. I instantly fell in love with it. From the fantastic drive up there to the views to the old-school-ness of it. A really fabulous place to hang out for awhile. I appreciated the perspective it gave me of my own incredible smallness in this vast universe of ours.

In the evening I celebrated with dinner and frivolity at The Dresden I hadn't had a "party" in years and years, and it was really fun to have so many people I know and love gathered in one place! It was a truely fabulous time and I'm thankful to have so many great people in my life.

On Sunday I didn't feel like doing anything too spectacular...just things I liked. So Kim and I moseyed on down to the Hollywood Farmer's Market. Where there happened to be 2 guys by the name of The Petrojvic Blasting Co. playing music that really did help make my day. They basically were most always playing 2 instruments at a time, some combination of drums, accordian, trumpet, trombone, tamborine, and singing of course. Their music was delightful and cemented the day early on as fantastic. After that we spent some time combing the music archives of Amoeba (where Kim bought her 1st CD ever and I bought a 45 record whose song title will be my mantra this year..."ace in the hole"). Then came back home for hanging out, making non-wheat chocolate chip cookies, and so forth.

All-in-all a very successful birthday weekend. Thanks to all of those in my life that make me feel so loved! Mmmuuuuuaaaaaahhhhh!

For a complete look at photos...click here for my facebook birthday album

No comments:

Post a Comment