Sunday, December 7

sundays are nice

I recognize it's been a long time since my last post...the 30s are busy! While I can't sit down and catch you all up on the last month - I thought I'd start with today.

Waking up late to an empty house (a treat when one lives with 6 others) I decided to make delicously bread-like non-gluten blueberry pancakes. Although I was worried that I'd used a bad egg in the batter, everything turned out fine and I even had hot maple syrup - yum. I stuffed myself while enjoying the Christmas tree and a really good book. (The Razor's Edge by Someset Maugham...a regular at the cafe recommended this writer based on my other likings...and as I've found it hard recently to find good fiction its been great finding some.)
Skipping some things in between...I met a friend for a drink before heading off together to an Over The Rhine concert. My friend had seen them about a dozen times, and I never have although I have multiple CDs. It was such a good show. Really fabulous music and really fabulous lyrics. Leaving the show my friend and I were both really reflective and split. I enjoyed a short walk and the park while writing the following poem...
The lights are low
music and beauty around the room
I sit comfortable in my chair
my arms hugging my bent leg.
One quick moment I'm struck
by my ease and routine
of providing my own needs
this both pleases and distresses me
full, I don't look for food
but who wants to be hungry?

I know, nothing like OTR's songwriting. Lyrics sticking out to me from tonight are from Drunkard's Prayer..."you're my water, you're my wine, you're my whiskey from time to time."

I must end my weekend - for tomorrow morning I must be at the Studebaker Shop bright and early...perhaps I can write about that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment