Saturday, May 5

catching up...

Time lapses and then I feel like I have to catch up and then more time lapses and I don't blog current thoughts because I feel like I have to catch up the missed sections - but, I'm just going to start from scratch...because I keep missing the ability to add quirky little tidbits of life...such as the afternoon that I laughed at the tiny chihuahua hanging out of the window of a huge truck...or the fantastic dinosaurs that my neighbor kids drew - joys such as this that soon pass out of memory.

This weekend I've been working on painting. Next Sunday is the opening to the first art show that I've ever taken part in. It's quite exciting. It's really neat to be part of LA Street Productions, it's a really cool group of people from my neighborhood. I feel a lot of pressure about the show. It's just nervous picking something that you think is showable. In order to live up to my standards it needs to be aesthetically pleasing as well as thoughtful.
I've been working on a four painting series around the notion of displaced peoples. I'm not sure if that's what I'll end up including...we'll see.

I think that's all I'll write for now...I do need to catch up from last weekend, I attended a conference on child sexual exploitation and trafficking that I'd like to share about...but my brain doesn't have the thought capacity at the moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment