Tuesday, July 3

I would've written many things...

Hi all! Internet's down at my house for some reason...haven't figured out why. Life has been full though and there's much to say!

This Sunday was the art show - which was a success. There were a couple of bands playing, so it almost seemed more like their event, but that's cool. On Saturday me and a few of the other art group members hung out at the cafe all day and actually painted IT. It's pretty cool...the owner wants the concrete floor painted, so we've all done blocks of it. I spray painted in the back parking lot and did some stuff on the back entrance. Will's doing a large mural in the back. Pretty fun. It was cool to hear comments on my paintings. I've gotten alot of compliments on Blue Boy for the week that he's been up. We decided to keep him up for this show too.

Saturday evening was spectacular. After being at the cafe painting all day (and sweaty since there's no air flow in that place and this weekend was the first Hot one!) - I decided I'd go for a jog since I was already so sweaty. When I came home all the neighbors were out - using the closed-off street as our own personal park (which goes to show the starvation for open space there is in my neighborhood.) Two girls were riding bikes, who I've never seen riding bikes - mostly becuase their parents don't allow them to because of the dangerous street. It ended up that I took the girls out with me on my jog, while they rode their bikes. We went down to the park and it was just so fantastic. Although the park is only a 10-minute walk away, my neighbors rarely go there. The girls and I had a blast. There was a carnival with music going on. We saw some people catching fish, which completely enthralled the girls. And they were both so excited to tell their parents how well they'd rode when we returned home.

It's times like this that make it evident to me why I chose to live where I do. As I've been thinking alot of where to live come September when I lose my roomate Kim, I've been very much considering moving out of the neighborhood. But now I'm not so sure. Not to say that one magic night warrents a complete change of mind...but it has prompted a re-evaluation.

On other fronts - I got my car, the pup (or pinkie...and on) out to the DMV today and inspected and everything. However, she did break down on the way back. It seems like once she really warms up the motor doesn't like it so much. So, I don't know where I am with that. I need to consider alot of things.

It's felt like summer, both because it's getting hot, and because I don't have to be at work so early! Weee! It's so great driving to work at 9!!! I'm a much happier person with this schedule...if only all the schools would change - because I do love and miss my students too!

The weekend before last I went on a lil' trip. First to Bass Lake to go camping with my friends. We had a great time hanging out around the lake and taking it easy. The kids who had never been camping (3 and 5 years old) loved it (although they had some trouble sleeping with our noisy neighbors!)

After that I drove over to San Fran since I was close, and spent Monday and Tuesday there. It was super great! I got to hang out with most of my special people and it was terriffic. Not really home anymore, but I'm very glad to have it as a part-home. I realized as I was there that my roots are being made with people - not in places. As I've felt quite uprooted this year and still questioning how one makes roots in LA...it was a good thing to realize that its all about relationships! (those of you who know Bart can appreciate that even more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment