Friday, June 22

preview of coming attractions...

I've been working all week on a set of paintings for LA Street Productions upcoming 'Liberation'-themed show. I'm not completely done, but I thought I'd post up a picture, open for critique :) It will make me feel more prepared to share them with the world in person.
(I know the colors aren't captured quite right) The background is spray paint with some drips of oil, gold leaf, and one-shot...then the hearts are oil on acrylic. I'm trying to decide whether to leave the wings white/black/grey or to make them more feather-ishy.

Today myself and a couple other art-group memebers hung a "pre-show" at the cafe which our opening will be at a week from Sunday. I had to squeeze it in very quicky in the morning, but I think it turned out quite nice. It's mostly just peices that hung at our last show, however, I did decide to show blue-boy there which is pretty exciting since he's always been a favorite painting of mine.

Tomorrow morning I'm taking off to Bass Lake for the weekend. My good friends from Sacramento are meeting me there - so we'll have some good family camping time! This will be my official first use of my tent! From camping, I'm heading to SF for a couple of days. I haven't been up there since January and could use a little of my homey San Fran.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:26 AM

    How did the art show go? You have so much talent, it's crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:26 AM

    Oh, that was Jen Chan!!

    ReplyDelete