Sunday, July 29

...the past 22 days...

Life has been quite full to say the least!
In the past 22 days, some of the things I've been up to are...
-began doing weekly outings to 'tackle' trafficking
-had Mom visit me in LA
-decided to put a new small-block Chevy engine in my Stude
-decided to stay in my house for the next 6-ish months (Kim's wedding is post-poned a little)
-saw the new Harry Potter ;)
-skateboarded by the beach on a Sunday...nearly gleeful experience!
-introduced a couple of neighbor ladies to chocolate chip cookies (can you believe it...chocolate chips are not a Latin American staple!)
-spent 2 days working at the Beverly Hills Hilton where FOX was doing promotion for all their TV shows...I got to see lots of "famous" people...and I decided...they really should write a TV show centering around the life of a sex-ed teacher....I think the possibilities are brilliant!
-chatted with some of my 7th grade students at a community fair, it was fun to see them out of the classroom - they're so adorable!
....and all the other wonderful in-between stuff that life is made of!

And, currently I'm visiting Las Vegas for a quick weekend. It's good to go home on little jaunts. Since I have way too much to cover in an update...I'll just let a few pictures do most of the talking. Mom and I at the beach in Santa Barbara













A view of the city via Echo Park (not far from my house) with the lotus flowers coming into bloom. (They're pretty neat, they come in every summer)















my friend Lulu and I got to have a quick time of catch-up in Las Vegas (and might I add...nightclubs are just weird)


But in short...life has been very full - not always easy, but GOOD. I feel like there's so much momentum building up towards something. I feel like life is happening and I get to be included. I appreciate so much the extended network of people that I get to have be part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. And I'm glad to be a part of yours and you mine....!

    ReplyDelete