Tuesday, August 7

2 weddings, 2 views

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending two very lovely weddings. The first was on Friday in the Malibu Hills. It was a college friend of Kim's who I've been working with the past few months. The second wedding, I was working at - it was at a residence on Mullholand Drive overlooking LA. Both had spectacular views (okay...so Malibu's clear blue sky to ocean view is, I think, a bit more lovely then the haze of Los Angeles metro area!) The highlight of Friday's wedding was getting to know some new friends better; and also, I actually really enjoyed holding a baby for a few moments. (Not a task I usually treasure unless of course it's a niece or nephew - but it was time for a couple's dance and I thought Mom and Dad should be dancing, so I offered to hold baby and it was one of those nice times....but don't get too excited (mom) I don't have a biological clock ticking yet!)

The highlight of Saturday's was that I got paid, and I got to eat a delicious filet mignon dinner with the most scrumptious chocolate/coconut dessert thing - yum! (oh right...and I got to pet the most amazingly cute dog - which I wanted to kidnap and take home with me sooo bad!...hmm, babies and dogs - do I need affection?!) Also, I found out that one of my co-workers is a long-time volunteer with the major anti-trafficking organization in LA, called The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Human-Trafficking...so that's an awesome connection!

This coming week I need to really concentrate at the clinic. The summer's proved a nice break but also very difficult to focus. I'm trying to take the grant program into some new areas and I feel like I just need to sit with a group of sex educators and throw some ideas around! Me, the independent introvert, saying I need people - what has community living done to me! So...if ya know of anyone in So Cal... :)

Other exciting news...(I forget if I included this in the last entry)...I found an all-girls car club here in LA! There's 7 girls in it and they all seem super cool and retro! I haven't met them yet - but I'm very excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment