Friday, July 4

july 4th

I'm just getting ready to go to bed, and the fireworks are still going strong outside my house (mind you, I suppose it is a little early - but I'm working in the morning.) I don't know what they deal is, but I think my Mexican neighbors must have some secret hook-up to getting good fireworks, because from my front porch, there's no reason to go to any sort of fireworks show...they're being launched on all sides of me. Which made me glad that I decided to stay home. I set up my little "studio space" in our outdoor garage and even got to a little bit of painting back there. Which I'm not too excited about anything I created yet - but it was nice nonetheless.

Just as exciting (if not more), I went surfing for my first time today! My pal James taught me and it was great! Yes...I failed to put on sunscreen (I thought we'd be back in by 9:30, but we stayed out until nearly 1pm!) so I have quite a red complexion know, and yes I have bruises spattered all over my body in some of the oddest places - it was still well worth it. I feel like I made alot of headway in duking it out with the waves and learning about them and balance with the board. I did manage to stand up (not on the big waves...just the little ones before they make it to shore!) which was very exciting! I look forward to going more :)

All of this and still 2 whole days of weekend left!

No comments:

Post a Comment