Saturday, November 4

simply fabulous

On Thursday I took my GRE. The GRE is to graduate school what the SAT is to college. I was aiming for a high score to counter my not-so-high grades in the applicant pool for PA schools. So...the GRE is a 4 hour test consisting of an essay portion, a verbal section (vocabulary), and a quantitative section (math.) The verbal and quantitative sections get graded right away, because this is all done on a computer in a testing center. The essay's take a couple weeks to grade, but they don't matter to me because my schools don't consider that score important. The parts that matter each have a possible 800 points. On a national average people score 467 on the verbal and 591 on the math. For people chosen to interview at USC (a PA program I'm applying to) the average scores are 516 verbal and 635 math. And I got..............ta da da daaaaa....a 620 verbal and 710 math!
I was stunned when I got the scores! You get them at the end of the test, they just pop up on your computer screen....and you're still in the room with other people taking tests in silence. I was so happy I wanted to cry :) Okay, so I cried later. It feels so good when hard work pays off!

1 comment:

  1. AAAHHH! Congratulations, Mom!
    I am so proud of you.
    I'm remembering all those hours you spent studying locked away in your room on Campbell Street... And look at you now. Your hard work really has payed off.
    I've been thinking about you lately, wondering. So glad to hear some good news. Let's catch up soon, yeah?
    kisses.

    ReplyDelete