Wednesday, December 6

into the oven!

I got to go to the opera this evening, and it was quite wonderful. Hansel and Gretel. Not what I expected from the opera! My favorites were these wonderful little (big) creatures that were in the woods watching over Hansel and Gretel as they slept. They had these light up eyes and were just marvelous and imaginative!
As I was listening to the overture as Hansel and Gretel first descended into the woods, it began as very exciting. And I was thinking to myself "this isn't scary," when indeed, I knew it was scary. But then gradually it became a little more chaotic and looming sounding. I immediately connected this progression of feelings to those that I've felt as I've moved here to LA. At first it's all exciting and it's not until you're already deep into the woods, lost even, that you realize where you're at. I don't say this to worry you...I don't feel terrified at all - in fact I still love, love, love, love, LOVE my neighborhood. But...I've still experienced that doom-ish feeling of "Oh my gosh, I'm actually here. I've left all my securities and stepped into the unknown."

No comments:

Post a Comment