Saturday, December 23

merry christmas to all

I'm safe and sound in Vegas for Christmas, spending time with family. This Christmas season has been full and blessed. What's struck me this year as I consider advent - is how God just really chooses people out of the blue. And how when they choose to obey Him - they're always provided for, and even if they screw up, it's okay! God doesn't call us to perfection, but rather to geniuneness. I think he'd rather have someone be an open mess seeking after him, then a put-together person who seems to know it all.


Actually...I think that's something I've been learning about this entire year, not just during advent. I've been challenged to take risks and loose control. And those risks have morphed my life into something I could have never guessed for myself! How things have changed in a year! I was getting ready to go to Thailand at this time last year! I had no intention to move to LA. And now here I am, living in LA. What seems so amazing about the whole process is - I was never lost or nervous about making the wrong choice...I was just bumbling along my way, actively pursuing a path. A path to where, I have no idea, but a path nonetheless. And I think that speaks so much to the biggness and mercy of God.


At this point in the path - I'm blown away by all these peices that are coming together. Connections are being made that I had no hand in. Like my job, I couldn't have arranged a more perfect position. And like this whole pursuing to work with prostitutes. Sometimes I feel in a rush to be 'on the streets' but as I consider all things, I see God doing a work in bringing together things in his own timing. It's so obvious when I look around me.


And that's all. I'm thankful that I've been asked to play a part in this crazy story of God's. One that began far before Christ came down to this earth - and one that will continue far beyond my short walk here. ~Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment