Wednesday, December 6

good grief!

It's been almost 2 weeks! How time flies! It is now Christmas-time officially. And that means time for the Christmas tree to go up. One of my favorite-tist activities! Since our place is so small, Kim and I were opting for a small tree. And it was really funny how much other people at the Christmas tree lot laugh! Secretly...I've always wanted a tiny little tree. I do love love Charlie Brown. We decided to get a potted tree - the size was good and it can live on our porch afterwards. I've already enjoyed reading by the light of the Christmas tree - another of my favorite holiday-time activities.
Coming home from work today, ran into some neighbor kids. They came over and saw the tree and loved it. It was fun to see how excited they got looking at each different ornament. Two are pre-school aged twins, and they don't speak English, so I was learning some fun words. We decided to make angel ornament's on Sunday - I'm excited about that.
It's interesting how our little interaction perked me up coming home from work. As much as I love this new job, it's very evident that the "perfect job" won't make me happy. It's really a combination of all sorts of things going on in my life.

I can't leave out Thanksgiving in this post. I've been so busy I failed to talk about how wonderful it was. I went to Vegas for the day-after-Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving. Where all six of my immediate family and their significant others/kids were together...technically for the first time in this line up - but for all purposes, the six of us haven't ALL been together for a few years. So it was fantastic! I think we were all reminded how important family is and how much we have to be thankful for in ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment