Sunday, February 4

a fabulous weekend

It's been such a great weekend I'm reluctant to go to bed this Sunday night :)

Saturday began earlier then I would have liked, as I needed to take Kim to the airport...but as that put me near to the beach, I turned it into a good excuse to take a beautiful jog. And do that I did. I was amused at the many "jogging groups" I came across...from groups as small as 4 and as big as 25+! After jogging I took some time to dig my bare feet into the sand...and play in the water too (which was surprisingly not very cold...this weekend was very warm and sunny.)


After coming back home, I headed out again...this time on a bikeride downtown. I've been wanting to check out this place called Clifton's Cafeteria. (Above is a vintage postcard of the inside dining area...it still looks the exactly the same) This place was A-mazing! It's like nothing in there has changed since the 40's or earlier. They still are cafeteria style in the cutest way. And it's just like some sort of alternate universe. Being on Broadway...none of the hipster's have found it out supposedly, which was delightfully refreshing. It also has a really neat history of caring for people and feeding the hungry and such. And if you write to them, they'll send you a free souvenier (see website: www.cliftonscafeteria.com)!

So that experience combined with a nice bikeride around downtown and through the neighborhood - all in beautiful sunshine-y weather was quite nice. I came home to neighbor kids wanting to play and I suggested we color. After making fresh squeezed lemonade together we ended up having a little drawing lesson which was awesome. And Anthony, who had never seen my paintings, later requested that he show them to his cousin who arrived. His cousin, who's only about 7 had lots of observations to make interpretting one of my paintings...which was really exciting for me to hear. Sometimes its so refreshing how kids are so open with their observations and thoughts.

Today I got to spend some time with friends and go to church and watch the superbowl. You don't think 3 girls would settle in for the long-haul with the game...but we did and it was very fun. I have to say I was really disappointed with Chicago's quarterback! The Bear's had really excited me with the opening touchdown...but they just didn't follow through.

This week I'm supposed to be in classes 4 days, but we'll see if that happens, one of the teacher's is kinda flaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment