Wednesday, February 28

my life is as confusing as my apartment!

So last Wednesday night Kim and I tore apart our apartment, readying it for the bug-sprayer. We had been informed that they were spraying every house in our complex for bugs and you had to take everything out of cabinets/shelves/closet floors. So we did this, and if you can imagine in our small place, it fills much of the floor space and other sitting areas! Well...Thursday the bug people didn't come - and when I checked our handout, it said he was coming on March 1st...this Thursday!
Which means...all week long it's been very hard to do anything in the house and I'm feeling quite discombubalated (I have no idea how to spell that...as many times as I've said it this is the first spelling attempt!) One plus point there is it's really encouraged me to find outside activities or invite myself over to other people's places!
There also seems as if there are a million things going on in my life too! Work has been keeping me very busy (and tired) from teaching 4 days a week. Stuff is happening with pulling together people interested in working against trafficking and prostitution. I've been doing art. I've had some good snippets of time with friends and neighbors. Some highlights from the past couple weeks were: scrubbing my entire bathroom with bleach, spending a "perfect day" with Kim (we have these every so often...try to fit our favorite things in a day and just really enjoy it,) creating some really fun little paintings on top of old book pages, meeting with the LA Street Productions art group, hiking up at Mt. Baldy with my friend James, taking a statistics test, and enjoying Sunday worship at a cool new church I've been going to follwed by great lunch with my friend Anna.
This coming weekend I'll be taking my neices, Madison and Alyssa up towards Big Bear - I'm very excited! We're going to stay at the place I always went to for church camp - so it should be really cool to be in that place with them, I think we'll have some great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment