Sunday, March 4

one fantastic weekend!

Well...I didn't get to reassemble my apartment this weekend, but the time spent was well worth the ensueing mess at home (truthfully...my roomate picked up most of the shambles, I was very bad and left the house a mess...but I'm still feeling scattered)
Anyhow...I left LA Friday afternoon and met my neices and we headed up towards Big Bear to spend the weekend at my old church camp. I had been trying to find a place for us to stay up near there and then the place where I used to go to camp came to mind. They said they'd love to have us join a camp group...so that's what we did!
Alyssa and Madison were very excited to be heading up into the mountains and had very high hopes for snow. They've never really spent time in the snow. As we were driving up, I was afraid there wasn't going to be any. But then, as we pulled up the mountain and into camp there was just enough snow to have fun with! It was perfect!
There was a kids camp for 1-4th graders (Madi's in 3rd and Alyssa's in 4th)...and depending on what the girls felt like - we were going to join in the activites or do our own thing - but they ended up having a blast with the other kids and all the activities...games, chapel, dirt-buggy, zip line, giant swing, etc.
It was great just to be able to hang out with them for awhile. It's fun to watch them grow up, interact with one another and others, and become their own little people. I'm very lucky to be able to spend time with them!
Alyssa said her favorite part was the dirt buggy. She tends to be a little quieter and low-key then Madison...who's favorite thing was going down the zip line...she's very adventuresome and even made a few friends. I couldn't get either of them to stop eating snow...just like me when I was a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment