Thursday, August 30

first pinstripping projects

I've always thought that pinstripping was cool and have been wanting to pick up the skill for awhile - but always seemed like an insiders world. In fact, when I really began painting, I remember that I would outline almost everything and spent hours trying to get a nice, even line. If only I had the right brush! Well...I was in the library getting some interior/upholstery books for the Studebaker when I came across a book put out by Monster Garage, "How to Paint Damn Near Anything." It was calling my name...so with that along with a little help from the nice guy at McLogans paint supply store - I'm now on my way. Here's my first 2 projects. The first is spray paint, taping, and pinstripe. The second is my first free-form pinstripe art. I'm pretty impressed with it, if I do say so myself. I didn't have a plan in my mind, but it just came out and started looking like an owl. And even though I wasn't measuring, I think it's pretty balanced and equal on both sides (although not totally.) It's really peaceful painting pinstripes. Creative, but more repetitive then my other sort of painting. I'll be ready for cars in no time! I think I can get some practice with my neighbor's cars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment