Monday, August 13

here mousey, mousey, mousey...

I was just settling down at my spot on the couch Friday afternoon to get some reading done for work - when what did my eyes see?...a mouse! Yes folks, that's right. The little grey rodent scampered between Kim's desk and the closet ever so quickly.

This put me ill at ease and abandoned all pursuits of work for a thorough revamping of my itty-bitty house. I repositioned the white sheet/curtain to let more light in, I hung bedroom curtains after making my ever-so-thrifty ghettoized curtain rod out of metal wire and 2 nails, I cleaned, I vacuumed, I spotted the carpet, but most importantly...I organized and packed the entire pantry up into neat little mouse-free plastic boxes! As you will see in the picture - get a good look, because I've never seen a purtier pantry!
Me and Mr. Mouse apparently have been housemates for quite some time - as is evidenced by the large amount of poop I found in my household pantry. But...I'm afraid to say, he shant be around too much longer. I will have none of these little shenanigans...so I set out traps and poison. The traps are still clear (thank goodness actually...I didn't really want to "catch" one) but the poison has been eaten like there's no other food around (which, of course, there isn't).



I did manage to fit some time in at the beach on Sunday :) And...I applied for a job at the nearby hospital this morning (to be in addition to the one I already have)...so pray and keep your fingers crossed. And today...I got a young whippersnapper to help me set up a myspace page for work! So much fun!

1 comment: