Thursday, November 1

birthday and other events

My busy schedule has pushed out most motivation to keep up on blogging! I've been very busy these last couple weeks as I've begun teaching classes again. This year we're combining 5 high school classes at once...so I'm teaching auditorium style to about 150 kids per period. It's going very well so far! I've been creating powerpoint presentations - which is fun and is working really well. I feel much more professional doing powerpoint then stingy, marked-on overheads! I even got one of those nifty presenter laser/mouses yesterday!!! It's challenging with the pressure of 800 young minds under my care!! But I'm thankful for the opportunity and feel increasingly blessed to be put in situations that I know God is growing me in and using me!
I was able to take a glorious 2 1/2 days off to visit Las Vegas for my birthday. It was a very nice and relaxing trip home. I got to enjoy time with my mom, dad, nephew Blaze and Candle, and Matt and Shayla. Blaze sang me the most wonderful "happy birthday" song earlier in the day and in the evening Mom, Dad, Matt, Shayla and I had dinner at a fondue restaurant. It was really fun, I've never done that before. I was also spoiled by my mom, she's so good at that. And I made a really cool bracelet by welding together washers (I did one out of bolts too...but its' not as good)!

Another birthday highlight was going out square-dancing the week before. A few of my friends met me out for dinner followed by their introduction to square-dancing! I think we really amused the normal square-dancers...perhaps as much as they amused us! It was much fun and I was thankful to have pals gather with me.

Other exciting news...trafficking projects continue to go really well. The group did a training a couple weeks ago, and 80 people showed up! The previous ones have been 15-30 people! It's very exciting that word is getting out and people's hearts are wanting to work to see an end to human trafficking. I've also been able to do a little human trafficking project at my church - which it's cool to join in with it there too.

1 comment: