Sunday, November 18

on my way home...

I was just got home a little bit ago from a night of work at the restaurant. After I had just pulled off the freeway - there was a girl, obviously prostituting, at the corner. I've noticed this one other time as I was coming home from the restaurant on a Saturday night. After passing her, I decided that I wanted to circle around and scope out the situation a little more to see if there was anything/anybody else that I could see. But she was already gone. I zig-zagged around in some side streets, but found nothing.
Is it my complete idealism that makes wish I could just go up to them and hug them? I yearn for these women to feel and know true love. The world of sex work is so incredibly strange. The night, the secrets, the strangers, the power manipulations. How did that girl get on the street in her striped mini skirt? Where did she come from and who is she?
Ahhhh...Not the end of my thought on this but I'm nodding off into sleep - and I will get into bed before I spend another night propped up asleep on the couch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment