Wednesday, November 7

car colors!!


So...I've been trying to decide what exactly to do with the inside of my car. I knew I couldn't pull the pink/coral or white-ish color in from the outside, because 1.) I don't like white interiors and 2.) the pink/coral would be way too overwhelming (and besides I'd never be able to find one that matched). Along with that there's this grey painting on some of the dash (with a hint of mauve to it) that I want to keep. So...what to do. I had purchased what I thought were a couple of neutral materials for really cheap that I thought would do. But as the project is getting more involved I really didn't want to use - and since I'm putting in a carpet - which the natural choice would be grey and that definately wouldn't go with on of the material colors.

So I began looking for something better. I found this great barkcloth online (see 2 posts ago). I've been looking at it for a couple of weeks now, and I really like it. It's too busy to do all the seats in, so I needed to find something to go with it. And I also have a bit of glittery-vinyl (think old-school kitchen chair covers) which I wanted to do some accenting in, but I have it in gold and would need it in a dark silver/grey to use it with the new material. So today (which I ended up not working since the class got cancelled due to school testing, so I took the opportunity to have a real, whole day off to myself!!) I went down to the fashion district fabric stores (which I've actually never done in my 1+ year in LA - surprise!) I found a perfect grey-ish upholstery to go on the bottom-region of the seats and will use the barkcloth to do the seat backs. Then I was looking for the glitter-vinyl and nobody had it. I had almost resorted to ordering it from my SF store when I found an interesting metallic blue patterned vinyl. It's texturing is kinda retro-styled and the color will nicely pull in the barkcloth fabric...I think it will be really nice. So...I got deals on all that fabric, it being from the wholesale district and all - and now I'm really excited to get sewing on Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment