Sunday, September 10

home sweet home...almost

I wrote in my diary a couple of days ago that it felt as if all the peices to a puzzle had been thrown up into the air, and it was as if I was trying to organize them all as they came down, so that when they landed they would fit together as they should. Well...the peices have been in the air, and they're beginning to come down, and I think they might be in order. Not much thanks to my doing of course, these things are fairly out of my control and I've just been trying to stay flexible and see what God has in store.

Earlier this week we signed a lease on the apartment we wanted. It's a super great location, exactly where we wanted to be, in fact in between two places where two of our friends live. In fact, it's pretty cool, because our kitchen window looks out onto this main little corner in our 'hood. And it's also this great little complex, probably like 15-20 apartments in this complex probably built in I would guess the 30's or 40's. There's a little courtyard in the middle of everyone's place. It has palm trees and this great old fountain that isn't running...but I have big plans for its renovation already. Both the living room and bedroom of our apt. has a great old window, the taller ones, with the boxy panes and stuff. So...we were hoping to move in Sunday, but because of the cleaning and stuff that needed to be done before we moved in, we're hoping that we'll be able to move in on Tuesday.

I've also still been interviewing this week, basically trying to decide which ambulance company is the best fit for me. There's a lot of shady companies here in LA, so I've been careful about who I would conisider. I think I've found the one I want to work for. They're called Schaefer Ambulance, and they're the oldest private company in the city, they've been around since 1932, still family owned. So I'll be finishing up with all the hiring stuff the as soon as I get back from the Bay Area next weekend.

Then...super exciting...is I actually got into Microbiology class today! Yay! I went this morning, figuring there was absolutely no chance I would get in - and I went to talk to the professor at the end of class and lab, because I'm going to be out of town next Saturday for Krista and Matt's wedding in SF, and for the first time in my life a teacher had pity on me! It was so cool. He asked me if I really needed the class, and I told him about applying for PA school's this fall and how I've already taken microbio but without a lab and how I need to have a lab...and then he just let me in! So...I'm officially a student again! Now I just need to pay for school...hmm.

So life is coming along here in LA, seemingly slowly but surely. I'm looking forward to getting more settled and getting more of a feel for my new 'hood!

No comments:

Post a Comment