Tuesday, September 26

my new job...and wedding pics

This morning at about 8 am I returned home after my first 26 hour shift with my new job. Not very fun. There's nothing particualarly bad about it (except in the whole 26 hours we only had 2 calls (which my partners did say was odd)...which some may like, but is awfully boring for me...it does me no good to be paid to just sit around a station...if I'm going to be paid a measley $9/hour, I'm going to at least be doing what it is I'm there for, and that's to be with patients), it will basically be the same as my last one...but I just don't want to do this work anymore. Can I please, just work in the hospital in my neighborhood? I applied there today for a transporter position...a menial task...but it would get me in. I've got to be back there again at 6am tomorrow, and then again on Friday morning. Being up before 6am 5 days a week also isn't my idea of fun! But, for the moment, I am at least getting a paycheck, and I guess sometimes that's got to be done.

On another news front...my heart has been really heavy for prostitues lately. Today I begun my research in this area. I found a couple of organizations that I'll look into more on my next day off. It just so happens that out of the handful of links for California that the website on human trafficking(humantrafficking.org) listed, two are right in my neighborhood - pretty cool! Then there's also police stations and city representatives to search out also. And then the only other thing to do is take to the streets and see what can be seen (I know my family, this makes you nervous)! I think I've found a few volunteers here to go along with me, which is a God-send.

And onto other matters...I had a request for pictures from Krista's wedding...unfortunately Amy has most of those, but I did happen to have one of the OG Campbell Street Girls...(and it makes me so happy to hear that people actually read this!...and Jen I realize that I owe you an email!) You may notice that I'm in a tank top and pants...not my usual wedding attire...but this was no normal wedding! Krista and Matt love having fun outdoors...so after the ceremony we changed clothes and did some square dancing and games on the grass! Much fun was had by all!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Thanks for the picture! I look forward to your next email.


    Jen

    ReplyDelete