Friday, September 1

running with no engine

Weeeelll...September 1st is my moving date. And, as things go, the car needs a little more work. My brother, who's been directing my work, has been very busy at his own work the past few days, which means there's just more stuff to do...and, also as things go, it being a car that's sat around for the past number of years, there's always more to do than expected. However...super exciting, is that the car starts! She starts right up and sounds just beautiful. So a few more kinks and she'll be good to go. Nothing too exciting to look at in this picture, except everything is basically on there...and the valve covers are now a shiny blue (not the color of my choice, but really all that was presently available - and it looks like some of the original engine parts were blue also once upon a time.)

However, I can't sit around Vegas any longer. Kim and I are heading off (in her car only) to LA tomorrow (actually, I guess it's technically today.) If luck goes our way we'll have a place this weekend, which would be fantastic. We're both really looking forward to start back up our lives after being in a quasi- down time for the past 1-2 months. Then, I have 2 interviews Tuesday and 2 on Wednesday. No, not with an ER as I had hoped, they're all with ambulance companies...but I'm trying to open up my scope of expectations and take things as they come...and a job is a job! I might actually "switch to the dark side," to AMR, which is a huge corporate ambulance company - I took pride in my small private company in the Bay Area...but there are advantages to working for a large company, such as getting to work a unit along with a paramedic which means new and exciting calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment