Tuesday, March 6

for your perusal

I've been more in the creative vein as of late...which has been really fantastic. There's this art group of some folks in my neighborhood area, called LA Street Productions, which is really fantastic. Everyone in it is really talented and encouraging - I appreciate their versitility. Anyhow...thought I should showcase some of my current projectings.

This is a fabulous art project, teaching a couple of 7-year-olds how to draw a cat. I love doing art with the neighborhood kids! (as long as there's not too many of them, that's a little overwhelming!) I was super impressed how into this cat project these two were...they very carefully added everything until they were very proud of the end results!
This one's just a little pen/painting on fabric. I'd like to do some more work on artistic representations to make human trafficking become more recognized and thought about.








I've begun to make these simple drawings on old book pages. It's been super fun for me. I really think it looks cool, it's really easy, and I've been able to feel less pressured about the finished product.



Okay...so this isn't a painting...but I think Kim is quite a peice of art! Here pictured with my Thai sticky rice cooker atop her head.

And again, not a painting...but this night out was also quite a peice of work...as well as the fabulously sparkly sweater I'm wearing! Our friend requested we met her out at a swanky Hollywood bar for her birthday. It was something else...Hollywood-ers are a species of their own kind, it was interesting to observe and even better to convene to an old basic for late night eats...mmmmm Mr. Beardy's French Toast is so delicous!

No comments:

Post a Comment