Tuesday, January 23

Grapenuts are delicious

really...they are, even for dinner. I'm sitting and eating some right now. I don't *usually* eat cereal for dinner - but sometimes it's so good! Last night I made Thai food for dinner. I was delighted how well a new tool I got works for shredding the vegetables that go in Papaya Salad. I also made a new dish that has rice powder in it. Interesting...it was a little funny tasting on the first couple bites...but ended up being quite enjoyable.

Today I had my long day of teaching class. This is my third week with them and the first week in which we were really talking about explicitly sexual topics...i.e., the male reproductive system. Which...fun sound byte of the day...during sixth period I said that sperm were "incredible." The kids found THIS to be incredible! The wonder just sets in on me when I start talking about biology and the way we're made I guess! Hehe. But let me just say here...."I love teaching!" I absolutely LOVE these 9th graders! Now, on Thursday, when I have the class of 46 7th and 8th graders...I don't know that I've established a love for them yet - but there's always room to grow, right! This is actually my last week in which I have "office days." Starting next Monday I'll be in schools teaching Monday thru Thursday thru the end of school...I might get a little crazy, but I'm looking forward to it all!

1 comment:

  1. It's now been over a week - You're going to need to post again, so I know what is going on in your head! :) Another beautiful bus stop poem perhaps?
    in-joy,
    Your Roomie

    ReplyDelete