Saturday, January 20

two hour tour and call to pray!


So two of my ol' Campbell Street Girls (roomates) from SF (Amy and Krista) and one of my old Mission Year roomates from Canada (Jen) came down to LA to visit a couple days. Yesterday we decided to hike to the Hollywood sign. Directions were a little ambiguous, as there's many different ways to get up there and trails aren't exactly marked...but it looked like we were headed for a 5 mile hike. Well...it was a great hike...but we left around 2pm and didn't get back to our car until about 8pm...I don't know how many miles we hiked! We ended up getting a ride back from a nice stranger after waiting for buses and taxis that never came...then we had to wait for the park ranger to unlock the gate...as the park closes at sunset! Good times! We did however, get to the Hollywood sign...technically, you're not allowed to go right up to the sign, but we kinda sneeked under the gate...I was the first to reach the sign - and when I was about 10 feet away from the "H", a beeping started going off! I guess they knew we were there, then we noticed a camara up at the top of the "O"...so we didn't think we should linger there too long...but it was a great view, and a cool hike, even with the lost-ness happening at the end!

I got an email yesterday from Western University, one of my top 2 choices for PA school. It was an update saying they'll be making final decisions for who they'll be asking for interviews - and that they'll be making invitational phone calls by the end of the week. So! Both with Western and with USC, this is basically coming down to the time that they're really making decisions as to who will continue in the application/interview process...so basically I'm asking ya'll to be praying for this! I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:55 PM

    Excellent post, Kristin!!


    Jen

    ReplyDelete