Saturday, January 21

a day of rest


So...I confess...I was just a normal American today. I didn't try to stretch myself to experience culture. First I walked to the park - which is something I would normally do, but it was a little interesting here. On my way I crossed a parade of vintage American cars from the 40's-70's...that was interesting seeing on a Thai street. Following the parade was a Thai ambulance, the first I've seen out on the streets. They're connected to particular hospitals here, not a 9-1-1 service.
At the park I found they had a skatepark. I wish I had my skateboard, that would be fun interaction! I highly doubt any Thai girls skateboard! At the park I sat, thought, and did art. It was good to be quiet. In the midst of sitting there, I looked out over the pond, and noticed that turtles were swimming in it. No ducks...just turtles.
I then watched a movie at the mall. And then, if you can imagine, I found a knitting supply store! How great is that...I hadn't brought knitting supplies with me but I really miss it, so I got something to knit. I then retreated to Starbucks (yes, they're here too, and they look exactly the same, down to the light fixtures!)
All in all, it was a good day of rest, and I feel ready again to get out into the (Thai) city.

No comments:

Post a Comment