Monday, January 23

shout-out to my peeps!!

I can't deny it...I miss San Francisco. I think and think about Thailand, and come here, and now San Francisco is in my thoughts, go figure. I guess we all like the familiar. But...San Francisco is pretty great!
AND guess what...walking along the streets of Bangkok I passed two people and they were speaking in English and I heard them say something about the Bushman down at Fisherman's Wharf! How great is that! Our own Mr.Bushman being talked about on the street's of Bangkok! It's funny how doing the same crazy thing for such a long time will eventually gain you world-wide fame!
I should've stopped them and talked to them. But you know what...it doesn't really seem like white people are at all overly friendly to each other here. Maybe it's because they don't just want to clump together, or maybe it's because you don't know if they'll speak english or some other language....anyways...I'm fully guilty of not sticking my neck out enough. It's hard in a foreign culture because you can't communicate and you don't know how people are going to respond...I don't want to seem rude...but I also don't want to miss out on good stuff - so I should really just stick my neck out there a little bit more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment