Tuesday, January 24

oh happy day


So I feel mostly better today, yipeee! Good thing too, because I had a meeting in the morning with this guy from UNAID to ask questions about the grant I've been working on. It was very informative and helped me alot in finishing up the grant...I think it's nearly done! It was also interesting going into the meeting, because first you have to find the building, then you have to give your ID before entering, then you have to sign another thing on the floor when you exit the elevator and then a guard lets you in through the door! Lots of steps!
Also, there's a guy here for the week working on a health survey of the prostitutes. Today we finished up the survey we will be taking around to the bars for the next three days. The focus group took quite some time, as the Thai women gave feedback regarding whether questions were culturally acceptable and would get an honest answer. A really intersting process to sit through.
So the next couple days I'll probably be quite busy as we'll be out late getting the health survey done. I wish I could speak more Thai!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment